Under söndagen kommer Wolverhampton till Liverpool för att försöka bryta vår fina hemmasvit. Dave Azzopardi(@daveazzopardi) är bland annat grundare av Talking Wolves och berättar här om hur inledningen av säsongen varit:
1. Tell us about the start of the season, are you satisfied with the performances from the team?
It’s been an interesting start to the season for Wolves. With such a disorganised pre-season, I think fans were anxious to see how we would start. We have had one or two poor games but have seemed to pick up some sort of consistency recently. A few good wins include the most recent victory against Arsenal and a very strong home win against Crystal Palace.
2. Are there any differences between Wolves this season compared to last season?
The main difference will be our defence. Nuno has recently switched to a back four (rather than a back 5) so Wolves look really dangerous when going forward. Last season’s performances included really slow starts and I think we should have scored more goals so hopefully this switch in system will allow us to do that.
3. We signed Diogo Jota from Wolves during a few months ago, are you surprised that he has been such an important player for us from the start?
I think Wolves fans all knew Diogo Jota had a lot of quality in him. Unfortunately he was too inconsistent for us last season though. The deal represented good value for both teams as Wolves got a good chunk of money for a player who dropped down the pecking order whilst Liverpool picked up a player who still had plenty to offer and suits Klopp quite well.
4. How has your summer signings performed so far?
Not many of our summer signings were signed to be ’key players’. Nelson Semedo from Barcelona is the one who has had the most game time and he seems pretty settled and is a very good option for the team. We’re looking forward to seeing a lot more of our record signing Fabio Silva and I think he may get a lot more game time after Raul Jimenez’s unfortunate injury. Silva could even start against Liverpool so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
5. What do you expect from Wolves this season? What would be a good position in the League table?
I’m sure Wolves fans will be hoping we can return to European football. Another top seven finish will be very good for the club but I feel we can break into that top six, especially as plenty of teams are having strange seasons so far.
6. How is the injury situation at Wolves? What is the latest News on Jimenez after the injury against Arsenal?
Raul Jimenez is the only key player out of the Liverpool game. Unfortunately he suffered a fractured skull during that game against Arsenal. There is no return date yet for him but we hope to see him back in a Wolves shirt very soon.
7. What kind of game do you expect at Anfield?
It’s going to be a really interesting one. I’ve got a feeling it could be end to end, especially if Wolves start with the back four formation. If we can attack like we have done in our last two games I think it could be a fantastic game for the neutral.