Efter förra helgens förlust är det förhoppningsvis ett revanschsuget Liverpool som kliver in i omgång 29 av Premier League. Det är tidig lördagsmatch på Anfield som gäller, för motståndet står Bournemouth. Motståndarna är indragna i bottenstriden och kommer säkerligen att sälja sig dyrt. För att få en inblick i läget hos motståndarna har vi varit i kontakt med Simon Reed(@ebtks), som ligger bakom @AFCBAnalysis, här kan ni läsa vad han har att säga:
1.With ten games left to play Bournemouth are on the 18th place in the table with 25 points, what are the main reasons for your involvement in the relegation battle?
There are several reasons. One are injuries – nearly every single position has seen vital players missing for weeks at a time. David Brooks, so impressive for us last year, has been missing for the entire season for example. The bigger reason was our inability to move away from an archaic 4-4-2, despite having players ill suited for that system. We’ve also had players distracted by interest elsewhere – Ryan Fraser, Callum Wilson, and Josh King – meaning this season has been a real mess.
2. How do you rate your chances of staying up?
We are finally playing a little better in recent weeks – helped no end by switching away from a 4-4-2 set up – but due to our remaining fixtures we’re in deep trouble. I rate our chances of escape as a straight down the middle 50/50.
3. Which players will be most important for you in last part of the season?
Josh King has his head turned by Manchester United in January but when he’s on can terrify any defender. We’ll also need Jefferson Lerma to add steel to midfield and Nathan Aké to keep things relatively solid at the back.
4. You signed Dominic Solanke from Liverpool a year ago, he still hasn’t scored a goal in the Premier League for you. How do you rate him as a player? Do you think he has the talent to become a good premier league striker?
Solanke is quickly becoming a lost cause. Earlier in the season he was given several chances as the man to play behind Callum Wilson, but simply didn’t do enough in that position to justify us playing 4-4-2. He clearly has some talent on the ball, but ultimately is no goal threat at all and I feel it’ll be a struggle for him to turn things round from this point. He might be decent in the Championship though…
5. How has your summer signings done so far this season?Philip Billing has been a solid acquisition despite his form falling off in the middle of the season, but has controlled certain games so clearly has bundles of talent. Jack Stacey looks very exciting at right back – defensively occasionally questionable, but his storming runs down the wing remind me of how we used to play when we destroyed the Championship several years ago. Arnaut Danjuma has looked an interesting and unpredictable winger but has been out for most of the season through injury, as has Lloyd Kelly.
6.How is your injury situation at the moment?
Considering we’ve been beset with injuries throughout the campaign we’re not missing too many players right now – David Brooks and Arnaut Danjuma are the two key absentees. On a side note, influential midfielder Jefferson Lerma is on a suspension tightrope – one more booking and he misses two games – so there’s the possibility he’ll be rested for the trip to Anfield so he’s available for the Palace game next week.
7. Now you play Liverpool at Anfield, what are your thoughts on the game?I feel it’s a game we have to get out of the way. Although we’ve improved in recent weeks we’re still not in a place where we can challenge Liverpool over 90 minutes – even in their current slightly out-of-form state (you know, out of form for Liverpool anyway!). I’d expect us to have a few chances and look threatening in short spells, but can see us letting a few in and leaving well beaten. I just hope not too badly beaten, as we have far more important fixtures to come.
AB skadad …. blir en tuff vecka det här … Adrian såg svajig ut senast mot Chelskit,
Kommentarer är stängda.